September 24, 2022
Queanbeyan Hospital, NSW
Standard Workshop in Vacuum Delivery
Acquire the hands-on technical skills of safe vacuum delivery in this practical workshop with specialised medical manikins under the guidance of a master in VAD technique.
Prior to attending the workshop you must have completed your online prerequisite course The Fundamentals of Safe Vacuum Delivery. To participate in a workshop it is mandatory to provide your Fundamentals class certificate as proof you have met the prerequisites.
See prerequisite course
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately locate and attach the cup over the flexion point
- Demonstrate the manual skill to correctly perform OA, OT and OP VAD in a simulated environment
- Differentiate between the descent and pelvic floor phases
- Analyse case studies and demonstrate competency in patient selection
- Discuss and evaluate risk factors
- Demonstrate the ability to recognise and follow procedural limits in practice
- Work effectively as part of a birthing team, demonstrating favourable communication skills